· Work closely with owner and architect during preconstruction ensuring clear communication and preparing preliminary estimates as requested.
· Develop detailed estimates based on contract bids, schematic drawings and specifications.
· Provide value engineering solutions to achieve a quality project within budget constraints.
· Understand and communicate construction cost trends that may affect project costs.
· Develop initial construction schedule for estimating purposes.
· Participate in the value engineering process as a solution. Effectively negotiate for win-win outcomes.
· Understand the subcontracting process, prepare detailed bid package estimates.
· Develop accurate detailed estimates.
· A “get it done right” attitude and the ability to see solutions to problems with a variety of tangible variables.
· Effective team player who values relations with co-workers and clients.
· Work with customers to understand desired upgrades/changes.
· Ensure that estimates meet client requirements.
· Estimate change orders as necessary through the life of the project.
· Ensure clear two-way communications.
· The Estimator will continually improve his/her ability to analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to assist in the preparation of time, cost and labor estimates.
· Estimator is responsible for the overall development of the estimate detail utilizing preconstruction resources, managing and preparing complete estimate packages(s) for delivery to the client.
· A minimum of three (3) years experience as an Estimator with multi-family construction and /or high-end residential.
· Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
· Excellent listening and communication skills.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Careful attention to detail and resourcefulness in acquiring project specific information.
· Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Demonstrates ability to effectively manage multiple tasks under differing deadlines.
· Able to work flexible hours as needed or required by project or proposed deadlines.
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Paid vacation and sick leave
· Mobile Phone